Go hard like Barkley. [via Mock Session]
- If you watched Oklahoma City's thrilling triple OT victory over Memphis on Monday night (and Tuesday morning), you already know that Russell Westbrook is anything but gunshy when he has the ball. Kevin Durant's standing around might also have something to do with it.
- How much longer will Dwight Howard be playing in Orlando? No one is sure, but we do know this: Dwight is sick of dumb articles about his future with the Magic.
- Continuing with the NBA stuff, the Washington Wizards showed off their new jerseys this week, and despite Mike Prada's orangeish pictures, they are going back to the red/white/blue theme they had when they were the Bullets.
- The NFL lockout is pissing everyone off, but arguably no one more than Nate at 18 to 88. He got a bit worked up over some of the recent conversations, so much so that Roger Goodell called him personally to hash things out. [via Shutdown Corner]
- I was shocked when I heard that the Lions didn't give Nick Fairley a playbook last week when he was in town, but Jim Schwartz came out and explained why he didn't think it was a good idea. I guess I can handle that.
- Gus Johnson is headed to FOX after somewhat of a falling out with CBS. While this is probably a good career move for Johnson, it's disappointing to think that we won't hear him calling NCAA tournament games anymore. At least we'll be able to hope for more of this.
- Is it hard being married to a professional athlete? Rogo at DesigNate Robertson doesn't seem to think so, and I would probably agree.
- Guyism has the hookup (well, sorta) on a deal to get Friday Night Lights (the TV show, not the movie, though both are awesome) for just $11.99 a season. Jump on this.
- A ballsy (pun intended) soul threw this link up on our Facebook page yesterday (like us!), so I figured I'd give them proper linkage. The D Zone, while an unfortunate name for anything other than a blog about porn, is a pretty hoppin' place for all your Michigan high school sports needs.