It's almost 36 hours until the Final Vote for the last American League All-Star spot ends. In case you don't already know, Brandon Inge still needs your votes. He currently sits behind Texas second baseman, Ian Kinsler. In my very biased opinion, Brandon Inge is the most deserving of the spot, but if you don't believe me maybe these fun facts about Brandon Inge will put you over the edge to vote, vote, vote, vote, vote, break, vote x infinity:
- Brandon Inge is tied for the most web gems on Baseball Tonight this season with eight.
- That's no tattoo on Brandon Inge's right forearm. That's a child's signature from when Brandon visited a recovering heart transplant patient at the hospital before a game this season. Inge promised the boy he would hit a home run for him that day and he did.
- Inge's charity was not a one time deal. He has several charities he spends quality time with and his wife even gave $100,000 to a University of Michigan hospital a couple years ago.
- Inge was a closer in college at VCU, and would come into games from third base without warming up in the bullpen. Against my alma mater, Inge came in and struck out the side with nine straight fastballs, topping out at 96 MPH.
- Inge reportedly hit a home run off of the Comerica Park scoreboard with a metal bat. That scoreboard is well over 500 ft away from home plate.
- He can dunk a basketball, kick a 50-yard field goal, and drive a golf ball 400 yards.
- He receives numerous votes from fans for "Player of the Game" for nearly all Tigers games, no matter what he does at that plate.
- He lives vicariously threw himself and, once, had an awkward moment just to see how it felt. (okay, those are the Dos Equis quotes, but Inge is still a rather interesting guy and one you should vote into this year's All-Star Game.