If you've been under a rock and still haven't heard about Armando Galarraga being robbed of a perfect game, then you need to watch this:
(video via @jose3030)
I hope you noted Austin Jackson's amazing grab for out number one. It was the number one play on SportsCenter. Obviously, the biggest play in the above clip is the botched call by Jim Joyce.
It caused this initial reaction from Miguel Cabrera, Armando Galarraga, and even the INDIANS' dugout:
Via The World of Isaac, Jim Joyce's son let the world know how he felt about his father's blown call and the subsequent death threats (click to enlarge):
Of course, Jim Joyce felt awful after the game -- listen to his post gamer at WXYT 97.1.
- Galarraga needed just 88 pitches to face 28 batters. Had the right call been made, it would have been the least amount of pitches needed for a perfect game (83).
- The Tigers have not had a pitcher throw a perfect game in their 110 history.
- It would have also been the first Venezuelan to throw a perfect game.
- Things Jim Joyce Ruined -- Twitter
- Official Scorer could restore no-hitter. -- Fox Sports
- The Lesson of Jim Joyce -- Joe Posnanski
- Nobody's Perfect -- Detroit Tigers' Weblog
- Bud Selig should make this game perfect -- Bless You Boys
- Internet petition for Gags to get his perfect game -- ipetitions
- Robbed! - Big League Stew
- The Call Was Blown, Now Leave It Alone -- The Daily Fungo
If you have any other links or comments, feel free to add them below.